Here is how you can help
- participate in an interview on the phone, via postal or electronic mail
- share family stories
- share family photos
- share family papers such as military documents & awards, membership cards/papers for organizations, post cards, wills, letters, graduation/marriage/birth/death announcements, old report cards, funeral programs, old work ID cards, old passport photos and applications
- family Bibles (or copies of the pages with the marriage, birth and death listings including the copyright page)
- year books
- donate any family items, including papers, you are no longer interested in having or storing
- take photos of family heirlooms, attach the photo to a write up stating what it is, when it came into the family, who originally owned it, who currently owns it, if in your possession, how it came to be in your possession and any stories about the item, including what makes it special
- contribute to projects
- share newspaper articles or clippings--if possible, include the name of the newspaper, page and date
- perhaps these suggestions gave you an idea not listed here, just let me know
- pass along my contact information to other family members
Things to Know:
- When mailing items, I will reimburse the cost of photocopying, up to $15.00 when the package is accompanied by a receipt or copy of a receipt and written request for reimbursement.
- I will reimburse postage up to $10.00, based on the amount on the package. Reimbursement comes by request, if you wish to be reimbursed, please be sure to make this request in writing, thank you.
- Some items such as papers, cards, photos et cetera can be scanned and sent via email or saved to CD or thumb/flash drive and mailed. By sending items via email or CD, thumb/flash drive via postal mail, you are giving your permission for use and acknowledging that the material is yours to share.